Certificate of Occupancy: 

Certificates of Occupancy is a business license issued to new or existing buildings. Buildings must first be inspected and approved for occupancy by Planning & Zoning, Building Safety, Fire and Health Division, if applicable. 

Owners or renters proposing to operate a new business must apply for a license and a Certificate of Occupancy prior to operating a business.  

A Certificate of Occupancy is required for:

  • A new business
  • A new building
  • A new owner for an existing building or business 
  • A change of use, tenant or occupancy in an existing building or tenant space 
  • A remodeled, altered or expanded building 
  • A change in the name of an existing business 
  • A change in the location of an existing business 

Helpful Links 

Contact Us

Need help with something? Or do you have a comment you'd like to share? Please use this form to quickly get in touch with the City of Pharr. If necessary, we'll respond to you as quickly as possible.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt