Residential Construction

Residential building permits are for one to four family homes on individually platted lots.  Permits are required for new construction, as well as work that changes, moves or repairs walls, floors, ceilings, windows, doors, electrical, mechanical or plumbing.   

 Permits are not required for “cosmetic” remodels (floor or wall covering, cabinets, counter tops, shelving, etc.) or plumbing fixture replacement. 

What is needed 

Helpful Links

Contact Us

Need help with something? Or do you have a comment you'd like to share? Please use this form to quickly get in touch with the City of Pharr. If necessary, we'll respond to you as quickly as possible.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt