Certificate of Occupancy:
Certificates of Occupancy is a business license issued to new or existing buildings. Buildings must first be inspected and approved for occupancy by Planning & Zoning, Building Safety, Fire and Health Division, if applicable.
Owners or renters proposing to operate a new business must apply for a license and a Certificate of Occupancy prior to operating a business.
A Certificate of Occupancy is required for:
- A new business
- A new building
- A new owner for an existing building or business
- A change of use, tenant or occupancy in an existing building or tenant space
- A remodeled, altered or expanded building
- A change in the name of an existing business
- A change in the location of an existing business