Electrical, Plumbing, A/C Permits
Permits are issued to licensed and bonded contractors. Commencing work without a permit will result in doubling the permit fee. Contractors must apply in person at the City of Pharr Building and Safety Division, provide the necessary information and pay the appropriate fee (calculated in accordance to the type of work to be done).
|Building/ Movers Contractors||$100.00 Building Registration
$50.00 Annual Fee
$5,000 Bond Req./100,000 Liability Insurance
|Electrical Contractors||Proof of 300,000 Liability Insurance
Copy of Electrical State License & Contractor State License
|Mechanical Contractors||300,000 Liability Insurance
Copy of License
|Plumbing Contractors||300,000 Liability Insurance
Copy of State License
|Sign, Irrigation & Demolition Contractors||300,000 Liability Insurance or 500,000 bond
$75.00 Sign Registration Fee, $25.00 Renewal
Electrical Meter Request:
The electrical companies will disconnect an electric meter if it is inactive or the customer requests that the service be disconnected. The following procedures will help to expedite the process to re-activate the electrical service:
- The property owner/renter must obtain an electrical permit for the location. This permit may be obtained by the owner/renter by applying in person at the Building Safety Division.
- The electrical inspector will conduct an inspection of the electrical system at the property. A tag of approval or denial will be left at the site once the inspection is completed.
- If the system complies with the current adopted electrical code, the Building Safety Division will be able to provide a clearance to the electrical company. Otherwise, deficiencies will require correction by a certified electrician.
- The owner/renter must contact the electrical company of their choice and ask for the E.S.I.D number (a 17-digit number) or account number. The owner/renter must provide this number to the Building Safety Division who will include it when emailing the clearance to the electrical company.
- Electrical meter reset permit is $20.00