FEMA Assistance Now Available

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Pharr, Texas – According to a press release from Governor Greg Abbott’s office, President Donald Trump and the Federal Emergency Management Agency approved the governor’s federal disaster request for Individual Assistance for Hidalgo and Cameron counties on Friday, July 6, 2018.

Residents who suffered damages from the June 20 and 21 storms are encouraged to register with FEMA by calling 800-621-3362. Once registered, residents can expect to receive an application from the Small Business Administration. It is important to fill out the application, whether a resident is interested in an SBA loan or not, to qualify for full FEMA benefits. Once registered, an inspector will be sent to the resident’s home. There is no charge for the inspections.

Disaster assistance for homeowners and renters may include grants to help pay for rent, temporary housing and home repairs, as well as other serious disaster-related needs. The goal of the assistance is to repair the home to a safe and sanitary living or functioning condition. Up to $33,000 is available for home repair, which may include:
· Structural parts of a home
· Windows, doors, floors, walls, ceilings, cabinetry
· Septic or sewage system
· Well or other water system
· Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system
· Utilities
· Entrance and exit ways from the home, including privately owned access roads
· Blocking, leveling and anchoring of a mobile home and reconnecting or resetting its sewer, water, electrical and fuel lines and tanks.

Residents with damage received from the recent storms and flooding are encouraged to register by calling FEMA at 800-621-3362.

You’ll need the following to complete your registration:

• Social Security Number (SSN), or, the SSN of a minor child in the household who is a U.S. Citizen, Non-Citizen National or Qualified Alien.
• Annual Household Income
• Contact Information (phone number, mailing address, and damaged home address)
• Insurance Information (coverage, insurance company name, etc.)
• Bank Account Information (if you are eligible to receive financial assistance, the money can be deposited in your account)