Our goal is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for qualified individuals; and to recruit and enhance current and future employee careers with the City of Pharr. We promote pride and high morale among City of Pharr employees by fostering good working relationships.
The City of Pharr is proud to offer a comprehensive and attractive benefit plan composed of the following:
- Medical Plan Eligible employees of the City of Pharr are enrolled in a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) medical plan administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas (BCBS) on the first of the month following their hire date at no cost to the employee. Employees are responsible for paying deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments.
Employees may voluntarily purchase coverage for their spouse and dependent at a competitive group rate.
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) A basic Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 is provided by the employer at no cost to all eligible employees as part of life insurance program. Your AD&D insurance would pay benefits if you were to die or be dismembered in an accident in the amounts listed above.
Employees may also voluntarily purchase life insurance coverage on their spouse and dependents.
- Retirement Benefits Eligible City of Pharr employees are automatically enrolled in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). TMRS funds consist of an employee and employer deposits. Currently, the City of Pharr submits employees’ deposits at a rate of 7% of gross compensation and the city deposits a match at a rate of 2-1. Employees are fully vested after five years of employment.
- Employee Assistance Plans (EAP) The City of Pharr provides employees and their eligible household members a confidential, no cost program that can help reduce stress, get healthier and improve overall quality of life.
- Voluntary & Supplemental Benefits The City of Pharr makes available a variety of additional supplemental products paid 100% by employee to fill in the gaps caused by increasing deductibles, co-payments and out-of-pocket healthcare costs.
Deferred Compensation Plans The City of Pharr provides employees the opportunity to participate in optional 457b Deferred Compensation Plans to supplement your retirement.