The mission of the Building and Code Compliance Department is to protect the health and safety of the City of Pharr’s residents and visitors and the livability of the community by assuring compliance with the City’s land use, environmental and construction codes. To ensure commercial buildings and residential homes being constructed, altered or maintained within the City of Pharr’s jurisdiction meet recognized standard for quality of life and building safety while delivering quality professional public services to all residents while ensuring high value and quality results.
Building and Code Compliance provides plan review, inspections, prevention, detection, investigation and enforcement of the currently adopted building codes and City ordinances. We are here to serve and protect the public from unsafe building practices, health hazards and nuisance violations by providing reasonable control for construction use and occupancy of buildings and all components.
- To facilitate the adequate provisions of transportation, water, sewage, schools, parks, and other public places
- Promote orderly growth and development
- Review residential and commercial construction plans
- Grant authority to construct and occupy buildings
- Encourage community outreach programs
- Establish community priorities to target code compliance and health issues
Divisions: Building Safety, Code Compliance & Health