City of Pharr Small Business Relief Assistance Cares Act Funds
The City of Pharr will utilize U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds in the amount of four-hundred and sixty-five thousand dollars ($465,000) to establish the Small Business Relief Assistance program (SBRA) as administered by the Grants Management and Community Development (GMCD) department. The grant assistance is designed to immediately support the financial needs of Small Business entities that have been adversely affected by the national COVID-19 pandemic. The CARES Act funds will not be amended or changed without prior written concurrence from the GMCD Office and the City of Pharr.
U.S Department of Housing & Urban Development
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program
Small Business Relief Assistance
Basis for Eligibility:
- For-profit Micro-Enterprise businesses located in the City of Pharr with five (5) or less employees including the owner.
- Must be in good standing as determined by the City of Pharr.
- Must comply with the CDBG rules and regulations for Economic Development
- Can provide financial evidence of economic loss because of COVID-19
- Applicant will certify and attest to a Duplication of Benefits standard
- Applicant must qualify under HUD’s Household Income guidelines:
|Household Size||Extremely Low Income (30%)||Very Low Income (50%)||Low Income (80%)|
Employee salaries, rental/leasing space, business utilities and COVID-19 related products.
For questions or to request guidance on the application and required documents, contact the city of Pharr Grants Management and Community Development Department at (956) 402-4190
Application and supporting documents can be submitted with the city of Pharr Grants Management and Community Development Department located at 118 S. Cage Blvd., 2nd Floor, Pharr, Texas 78577.